The album covers a full ballet class and all themes are by the wonderful composer George Gershwin. This time however, as well as the piano it features a drummer and a bass player on all tracks! Have you ever heard a ballet class album like this before?
The musicians playing on this album are top of the top, world class, and world touring jazz musicians and it’s our dream that this unusual (for a ballet class album) orchestration will bring a burst of energy, creativity and joy into your ballet studio, or home, or wherever you’ll be listening to this music. We certainly had a lot of fun creating it for you!
Listen to the album here:
The album is contained in a zip-folder and will open on all computers and most android devices. Please notice that iPhones and iPads don’t allow downloading of music outside the iTunes store. For more information on zip-files please do a search for “how to unzip music files” or see this tutorial from Bandcamp.
1) Embraceable You (Plié with Port de Bras) 32 + 16 counts and repeated
2) They Can’t Take That Away From Me (Tendu) 64 + 8 counts and repeated
3) Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off (Jeté Ballonné) 64 counts
4) Oh, Lady Be Good (Jeté ) 128 counts
5) Oh, Lady Be Good (Jeté, with a few breaks) 128 counts
6) Oh, Lady Be Good (Jeté, with a rhythmic challenge) 64 counts
7) Someone To Watch Over Me (Rond de Jambe/Adagio) 64 counts
8) A Foggy Day (Fondu) 64 + 8 counts and repeated
9) ’S Wonderful (Frappé) 64 + 16 counts and repeated
10) Nice Work If You Can Get It (Grand Battement) 64 counts
11) Summertime (Tendu) 128 + 16 + 128 counts
12) I Loves You Porgy (Adagio) 128 + 16 + 128 counts
13) It Ain’t Necessarily So (Pirouettes – waltz) 184 counts
14) Who Cares (Petit Allegro) 256 counts
15) I Got Rhythm (Medium Allegro) 256 counts
16) Our Love is Here to Stay (Grand Allegro) 256 counts
17) The Man I Love (Coda) 384 counts
18) How Long Has This Been Going On (Reverence) 64 counts